[packagekit] Simulate* and arguments

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 02:28:01 PDT 2009

2009/10/29 Sebastian Heinlein <sebi at glatzor.de>:
> The SimulateRemove method should also support the autoremove argument.
> Furthermore the complex transactions require that RemovePackages has
> got an only_trusted option too.
>
> You want to defer this changes to 0.6.x, Richard?

I agree the autoremove parameter is needed, but surely only_trusted
only makes sense when you're installing? Or can you tell if packages
are signed when they are installed with apt? I'm still not sure it
makes sense as an admin has installed a non-signed file (as it
requires higher privs by default) and so you wouldn't want a user
uninstalling an unsigned file just as much as you wouldn't want a user
uninstalling a signed file.

I'm pretty sure we want to fork off a 0.6.0 soon as the number of API
changes is getting a bit out of hand.

Richard