[packagekit] Packagekit and Ubuntu

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:16:37 PDT 2009

Like Trans2 in http://www.packagekit.org/gtk-doc/introduction-ideas-transactions.html#introduction-ideas-transactions-trusted

> We could change things such that we knew up front that a EULA would be
> needed, but it would be a fair chunk of work. Where do you actually
> store the EULAs? Or are they in the package and you download it, discover
> them and restart at that point?

Well, the dummy backend does this, but I would imagine that other
backends would download the package file, decompress it and then abort
and ask for the eula to be agreed to. The alternative is to store the
whole EULA in the metadata, which might not be palatable. Each EULA
has a unique ID, and so it's possible for the backend to know which
prompt has then been agreed to.

I can do an example diagram if that would be clearer.