[packagekit] PackageKit 0.6.7 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 03:43:51 PDT 2010

Today I released PackageKit 0.6.7.

Version 0.6.7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2010-08-04

Translations:
 - Updates to Chinese translation (chenh)
 - Updates to Dutch translation (warrink)
 - Updates to Japanese translation (makoto)
 - Updates to Polish translation (raven)
 - Updates to Spanish translation (logan)
 - Updates to Ukrainian translation (yurchor)

Libraries:
 - glib: Add an 'interactive' property to PkTask so that we  can use
it to do '-y' in pkcon properly (Richard Hughes)

Backends:
 - alpm: Do not fail on unrecognized config directives (Valeriy Lyasotskiy)
 - alpm: fixed compilation with ALPM 5 (Valeriy Lyasotskiy)
 - apt: Adapt latest Python backend API changes (Sebastian Heinlein)
 - apt: Add a hook script that pokes packagekitd when cmd line tools
are used (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - apt: Added support for distro upgrades
 - apt, aptcc: Fix apt errors when the the packagekit package is
removed. (Daniel Nicoletti)
 - apt, aptcc: start packagekitd before asking it to emit cache-update
(Daniel Nicoletti)
 - entropy: add forward compatibility with upcoming UrlFetcher changes
(Fabio Erculiani)
 - entropy: improve Entropy backward compatibility (Fabio Erculiani)
 - opkg: fix status type in get_updates (Sebastian Krzyszkowiak)
 - pacman: add support for versioned provides field (Jonathan Conder)
 - pisi: Adapt backend for the recent API changes (Fatih Aşıcı)
 - portage: port to new API, make backend working again (Fabio Erculiani)
 - yum: add gnome-packagekit and kpackagekit to the list of
infrastructure packages (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: do not issue RepoListChanged when we disable or enable the
media repo automatically (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: ensure we call _check_init when we do GetCategories (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: Ensure we disable the MediaRepo when the PackageKit backend
has finished (Richard Hughes)
 - yum: wrap _getEVR in a try,catch block to deal with invalid version
numbers. Fixes rh#612360 (Richard Hughes)

New Features:
 - Add a long document explaining the media-repo functionality (Richard Hughes)
 - If either of ProxyHTTP are set in PackageKit.conf then ignore the
user proxy setting. Fixes rh#604317 (Richard Hughes)

Bugfixes:
 - Add 0install to the user list (Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belon)
 - cron: Do not exit with 1 if the cron script is disabled in the
config (Vincent Untz)
 - Don't ship README AUTHORS NEWS COPYING in all subpackages. Fixes
rh#612332 (Richard Hughes)
 - Make the PkBackend always start with the WAIT state, but do not
proxy this onto the bus (Richard Hughes)
 - Recognise bluetooth connections as mobile networks. Fixes rh#609827
(Richard Hughes)
 - Unbreak CNF after the daemon moved to libexec. Fixes rh#613514
(Richard Hughes)

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/