[packagekit] API changes

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:49:10 PST 2010

On 26 February 2010 10:45, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay at sabayon.org> wrote:
> Are there function signature changes? If so, could you please
> thorougly explain the differences?
> I am interested in adding this to my backends.

Sure, I think anyone that's doing and API change or break needs to do
an email explaining what backend authors need to do. Daniel did a good
job just monkey-patching the backends (like I try do too) but we need
to be clear on what the backend dudes actually need to do to support
the new feature.

In this case I think it's pretty well documented by looking at
http://packagekit.org/gtk-doc/Transaction.html#Transaction.RemovePackages
but the other API changes will need more explaining.

Thanks,