[packagekit] How do you determine if an update needs a reboot/logout?

enclair wifienclair at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:05:34 PDT 2010

2010/7/31 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>

> if the Fedora metadata says we need to restart we use that.

Do you know if yum takes also into account these metadata?
Because, yum have never told me to restart after a "yum update", and since
PackageKit requires to restart sometimes, I wonder if there is not a bug in
yum. I wouldn't want to use yum if it doesn't indicate when a restart is
required.

Another unrelated question: is it possible to show the full output of the
backends PackageKit is using?

For example, I think PackageKit uses something like "yum update" in Fedora
to update the packages.
I'd like an option to show in a window the full output of what yum does.

Thanks.