[packagekit] Packagekit bugs?

Jean Hubbard jean_p57 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 08:52:16 PDT 2010

Ok i'll report to launchpad.
However, smartpm in Terminal works fine. So i dont think its Smart.

With Maverick right now if i open Add/remove using the apt backend i get this:

An internal system error has occured:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Value: 'list' object has no attribute 'split'
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/apt/aptBackend.py, line 2246, in <module>
    main()
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/apt/aptBackend.py, line 2243, in main
    run(args, options.single)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/apt/aptBackend.py, line 2205, in run
    backend.dispatcher(args)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 723, in dispatcher
    self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
  File : /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 593, in dispatch_command
    self.get_repo_list(filters)
  File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/apt/aptBackend.py, line 1091, in get_repo_list
    filter_list = filters.split("
")

Nothing appears in the Menu box on the left either.
Software Update works fine though.

Ive reported the above to Launchpad. Bug #597748

Regards
Jean.