[packagekit] Extending the RepoDetail signal

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 04:52:32 PDT 2010

I've been asked to show in the PK GUIs if the repo is signed or not.
This makes a lot of sense for an end user, as they can see if it's
official and trusted or not. Yumex seems to have done this already
http://www.yum-extender.org/gfx/yumex/yumex-repo-usage.png and shows
secure repos with a little key symbol.

I'm proposing to add a PkSigTypeEnum type to the RepoDetail signal,
and at this time split off the 0.7 series and start doing API breaks
again. 0.6 will remain in stable distros (like F14) and will be
maintained for 1 year.

If you could send me your other API break ideas I can get some scale
about how big the API break is going to be. As a starter, I'm planning
to port PackageKit to GDBus in 0.7 and bump the glib requirement.

Thanks,