[packagekit] Problems with GPK and Yum Plugins

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:45:53 PDT 2010

On 6 October 2010 16:23, <rotru at br.ibm.com> wrote:
> I uploaded an example of the codes here:
> We have to hide some repositories  and make them available on the fly when specific users run yum or any front-end application to it .
> We get the repos from a webservice and add them dynamically.

Right, now your error makes sense. PackageKit doesn't really support
adding and removing repos like this. Put bluntly, it's a hack, and I'm
surprised it even worked in yum.

Are you assuming that the UID of the yum process is going to be
different for each user? PackageKit runs yum as root in a very secure
clean environment. Without looking at the actual source of your
plugin, I can't really tell that from your examples.