[packagekit] compiling PackageKit 2.30.2 on Ubuntu Maverick

Daniel Hernandez Bahr dbahr at uci.cu
Tue Oct 19 19:10:44 PDT 2010

Greetings everyone!

I tried to compile gnome-packagekit-2.30.2 on my Maverick and got a
couple of troubles.

The first issue was that Ubuntu's packagekit-glib2-dev package installs
its contents on
/usr/include/PackageKit/packagekit-glib2
instead of
/usr/include/packagekit-glib2
I first tried to symlink but that didn't worked out all that well, so I
copied the first into the second, and for a while, it was good, but
after

  CC     egg-debug.o
  CC     egg-string.o
  CC     egg-markdown.o
  CC     egg-console-kit.o
  CC     egg-dbus-monitor.o
  CC     gpk-enum.o
  CC     gpk-x11.o
  CC     gpk-marshal.o
  CC     gpk-session.o
  CC     gpk-desktop.o
  CC     gpk-animated-icon.o
  CC     gpk-dialog.o
  CC     gpk-vendor.o
  CC     gpk-language.o
  CC     gpk-modal-dialog.o
  CC     gpk-helper-run.o
  CC     gpk-helper-chooser.o
  CC     gpk-gnome.o
  CC     gpk-common.o
  CC     gpk-task.o
  CC     gpk-error.o
  AR     libgpkshared.a
  CC     gpk-application-main.o
  CC     gpk-application.o
  CC     gpk-cell-renderer-uri.o

compiled just fine (it seemed), gpk-application broke because some
undefined references

  CCLD   gpk-application
gpk-application.o: In function `gpk_application_finalize':
.../gnome-packagekit-2.30.2/src/gpk-application.c:4212: undefined
reference to `pk_client_get_type'

this i couldn't fix (my experience with C/C++ is not all that good if
truth'd be told).

Does anyone recognizes this?? Is there a solution?

Best regards,

D.H. Bahr