[packagekit] Apt backend is back

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 2 23:11:19 PST 2011

Am Freitag, den 02.12.2011, 08:12 -0500 schrieb Daniel Hernandez Bahr:
> El vie, 02-12-2011 a las 12:04 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein escribió:
> > Dear fellow developers,
> >
> > As you have perhaps already seen in the latest commits to master I
> > decided to revive the Python based APT backend. The backend is ported to
> > the latest python-apt API.

> Yeah, well... I tried the 0.6.18 on Oneiric and got a "Cannot find
> Distro template" sort of error...
> Any clues??

The apt backend of the 0.6.X branch is in a bad state, that is the
reason why I asked for removing it from the master branch at first.

So if you want to use PackageKit on Ubuntu you should use the aptcc
backend in Oneiric.

The error that you describe seems to be related to
python-software-properties.

Please fill a but report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/packagekit/+filebug

Thanks.