[packagekit] Conflicting File in kpackgekit and gnome-packagekit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 01:13:32 PST 2011

On 3 December 2010 13:51, Thomas Goettlicher > Both kpackagekit and
gnome-packagekit must not install their own
> 'org.freedesktop.PackageKit.service' file anymore. And PackageKit should
> install the files attached to this email.

I still don't think this makes sense from an architecture point of
view. PackageKit is system level, and shouldn't be installing session
DBus definitions. I also think it just makes sense to have dbus-daemon
patched (it would be a trivial patch) to run the '-kde' variant if the
KDE environment variables are detected in the session. I'm sure the
patch works, but it seems very over-engineered in my opinion.
Apologies.