[packagekit] Conflicting File in kpackgekit and gnome-packagekit

Thomas Goettlicher thomas.goettlicher at suse.de
Tue Jan 4 07:18:01 PST 2011

On Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:13:32 am Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 3 December 2010 13:51, Thomas Goettlicher > Both kpackagekit and
> gnome-packagekit must not install their own
>
> > 'org.freedesktop.PackageKit.service' file anymore. And PackageKit should
> > install the files attached to this email.
>
> I still don't think this makes sense from an architecture point of
> view. PackageKit is system level, and shouldn't be installing session
> DBus definitions. I also think it just makes sense to have dbus-daemon
> patched (it would be a trivial patch) to run the '-kde' variant if the
> KDE environment variables are detected in the session. I'm sure the
> patch works, but it seems very over-engineered in my opinion.
> Apologies.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your clear reply.

Right now the kde package overwrites gnome's files on openSUSE and therefore
the kde variant is run even if the user runs gnome. I'd like to solve this
issue until the next milestone. Do you think you'll have a solution until Jan
20th? (see: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap )

Thanks a lot.
Thomas

--