[packagekit] Application Installer Miniconf: Trip Report

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:42:43 PST 2011

On 24 January 2011 16:01, Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org> wrote:
> This is very cool stuff! (Could become the biggest cross-distro
> collaboration ever!)

Well, I think it's important, yes :-)

> As I'm not so familiar with the XDG collaboration process: How can I
> comment the specs or propose changes? Where are the new specs published? Is
> this already "accepted" by the major distributions?

The spe we're working to is 0.1, so still much time for changes. Most
discussion will happen on the distributions mailing list at
freedesktop.

> And one detail question: Does this mean App-Install will be dropped, as
> the Xapian DB will take its place?

Yes, that was one of the concessions. I just means I have to learn how
to use xapian, and then we have to convince Daniel that it's really a
much better system.