[packagekit] how to wake up packagekit after idle time

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Jul 26 10:18:27 PDT 2012

Then connecting to the session bus will never work... Instead, you
want PkTask from PackageKit's GObject-repository:

from gi.repository import PackageKitGlib as packagekit

pktask = packagekit.Task()
pktask.set_locale(make_locale_string())

res = pktask.install_packages(...)

You'll also need to display progress and connect error callbacks
(depending if you use th sync interface or not)
Cheers,
   Matthias