[packagekit] how to wake up packagekit after idle time

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Thu Jul 26 18:02:03 PDT 2012

I can ensure that packaging is okay ;-) But 0.8.1 isn't packaged yet,
so maybe you installed it manually and forgot to change the prefix or
something else is missing? (but even in that case the dbus-service
file from the "packagekit" package should do the job)
Please not that Ubuntu uses a weird compat layer for PK, which does
not work with PK 0.8.x series, so you have to be sure that you use
PackageKit and not the compat layer.
Just take a look at the settings and you'll be fine :-)