[Pchdtv] Latest pchdtvr changes

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Feb 11 13:49:39 PST 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering about adding the following functionality:

* a timer to make all of the EPG's refresh periodically;

* removing the mpeg code from pchdtvr and having the package link
   against libffmpeg instead (let someone else find and fix the mpeg
   bugs);

* adding an API for various kinds of UI wrappers, such as GTK or
   UPnP/XML... the API would use simple commands and status return
   codes which the wrapper could then chose how to represent (the
   way that gmplayer encapsulates mplayer);

* the simplest bundled UI could be an ncurses interface;

What do you think?  And did Inkling ever resurface?  I've not seen
traffic on this list in months...

BTW:  Lately I'm seeing a weird case where the pchd3000 card will
stop getting a strong signal, and I'll have to reboot to get it to work
again.  I've tried unloading and reloading the cx8800/cx88dvb drivers,
but that isn't sufficient.

Any ideas?

-Philip