[Pixman] fast-scale branch performance improvements

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 07:38:27 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 13:26 +0100, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 03:25 +0200, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> >
> > > But before it gets committed, some problems with potential fixed
> point
> > > overflows when dealing with large images need to be addressed. I
> have
> > > made a test program which can expose some of these problems:
> > >
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~siamashka/pixman/log/?h=largescaling-test
> >
> > I pushed a new version of my branch, rebased on:
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~sandmann/pixman/log/?h=alex-scaler
> > on (as before):
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~alexl/pixman/log/?h=alex-scaler

>   - Can we just pass in the operator (OVER, SRC) and the repeat mode
>     (NORMAL, NONE) and check against those?  The booleans are slightly
>     more difficult to understand, even with the comments.

do_repeat is not really NORMAL vs NONE though, NONE has a very specific
meaning, whereas do_repeat == FALSE means we don't do any handling of
repeat, and relies on the COVERS_COVER_CLIP flag to make this safe.

So, if we make it not a boolean then we could easily get versions that
support PAD and REFLECT, but NONE would not be right.

All else is fixed in:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~alexl/pixman/log/?h=alex-scaler2

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's an obese guitar-strumming househusband in a wheelchair. She's a
supernatural tempestuous opera singer on her way to prison for a murder she
didn't commit. They fight crime!