[Pixman] Radial gradients (again)

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Mon Oct 18 12:32:33 PDT 2010

Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com> writes:

> I don't remember the timeline for pixman 0.20,

Basically, I wanted to get a new release out tomorrow and call it a
release candidate, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I think pixman 0.20 by now is feature frozen, and the next development
release will become 0.20 unless major bugs turn up.

The one thing that could still make it is the linear gradient fix. As
I recall, there was some issues about the classify method. If someone
wants to take a look at that patch:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ranma42/pixman/commit/?h=wip/linear-master&id=7a9433f3942cf4f0c929fb3907d89af87a2d477c

it would be very helpful.

> I want to port this test or something very similar to pixman
> and check it against a different (and slow, but numerically
> stable) implementation of the gradients, but it will take some
> time, because I will be quite busy until the end of October.

This sounds like it would be extremely useful.

Thanks,
Soren