[Pixman] Menu text corrupt with pixman-0.22.2

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Oct 22 12:43:16 PDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 07:05:13PM +0200, Søren Sandmann wrote:
> Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> writes:
>
> > I have recently found a text corruption issue with the latest pixman version
> > packaged in pkgsrc.
> >
> > The full pkgsrc bug report is visible here:
> > http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=45509
> >
> > And here is a direct link to a screen shot:
> > http://dl.wolfpond.org/menu_corruption.png
>
> Thanks for the bug report. Which version of the X server are you using?

I'm running modular-xorg-server-1.6.5nb9

> Pixman 0.20.0 and earlier contained a workaround for a bug in the X
> server version 1.6 and earlier, that could produce symptoms like the one
> in the screen shot. In 0.22.0 this workaround was removed.
>
> So if you are using a 1.6 X server or earlier, you'll probably have to
> update that too.

Well, the broken versions of modular-xorg-server and pixman both came
from pkgsrc-2011Q3.
In fact, they're the only ones available in -Q3 :-/

I'll append this information to the bug report; in a way, this could be
seen as a packaging error.

Thanks for clearing things up !

--
Francois Tigeot