[Pixman] [cairo] Pixman concurrency problem on iOS/ARM

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Mar 27 21:09:19 PDT 2012

On Mar 27, 2012, at 5:24 PM, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Configuration script detects none, and in general does not work with iOS
> (fails on all sorts of obvious things).

Like what?  Did you follow my advise from an earlier email:

SDK="$(xcode-select -print-path)/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk"
export CC=$(xcrun -sdk iphoneos -find clang)
export AS=$(xcrun -sdk iphoneos -find as)
export CPPFLAGS="-isysroot ${SDK}"
export CFLAGS="-g3 -gdwarf-2 -Os -pipe -miphoneos-version-min=5.0 -arch armv6 -arch armv7"
export LDFLAGS="-isysroot ${SDK} -miphoneos-version-min=5.0 -arch armv6 -arch armv7"

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --enable-static

> I have manually configured it to use TLS.

How?  Can you try the above?  Note that there are still some issues with jumping through hoops for the asm as discussed on the list last month, but the above should get you a built pixman for iOS.

> Pixman is compiled as a static
> library. Don't know if this is correct.
> I can try pthread_setspecific if you feel it might make a difference.

It's worth testing.