[Pixman] Moving xf86-video-omapfb's YUV format conversion code into pixman

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:07:09 PDT 2012

(Resending to a different email address for Tuomas, which hopefully works.)

Hi Kalle, Tuomas, Ian,

I recently began looking at adding some YUV format code to pixman. The
X server has a rather awful xf86XVCopyYUV12ToPacked function which
would be great to replace with pixman, which already has the
infrastructure to support multiple vectorized implementations.

Siarhei pointed me to xf86-video-omapfb's image-format-conversions.c
which already has some similar code. Would you be interested in
porting this code to pixman? It seems better suited in pixman where it
could be potentially useful for a number of other software projects.

Also, does xf86-video-omapfb have some kind of mailing list, irc
channel, web site, ... anything really? I couldn't find anything
except the git repo.

Thanks,
Matt