[Pixman] clang 3.0: Unsupported asm: input constraint with a matching output constraint of incompatible type!

Ryan Schmidt pixman-2012b at ryandesign.com
Wed May 30 09:28:45 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 11:15, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> My tinderbox (yuffie) is building pixman master using clang-3.0 (from MacPorts) for x86_64:
>
> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2012-05-30-0005/logs/pixman/#build
>
> I don't believe the changes were ever reverted.

I refer to:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2012-March/001811.html

> Perhaps there is an additional issue that I'm not seeing.  Are you seeing this if you use configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.0? -2.9?

Yes, I see this error on Snow Leopard if I use configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.0, macports-clang-2.9, or just clang (which is Apple's clang 1.7 from Xcode 3.2.6).

Judging by the activity in our issue tracker this morning I assume most of our Lion users are going to be experiencing this build failure.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34671