[Pixman] clang 3.0: Unsupported asm: input constraint with a matching output constraint of incompatible type!

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Wed May 30 09:34:20 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 09:28, Ryan Schmidt <pixman-2012b at ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On May 30, 2012, at 11:15, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>
>> My tinderbox (yuffie) is building pixman master using clang-3.0 (from MacPorts) for x86_64:
>>
>> http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2012-05-30-0005/logs/pixman/#build
>>
>> I don't believe the changes were ever reverted.
>
> I refer to:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2012-March/001811.html

Yes, that was reverted because it was causing failure on the working case. The followup patches in that series added a test for the problem.

>> Perhaps there is an additional issue that I'm not seeing.  Are you seeing this if you use configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.0? -2.9?
>
> Yes, I see this error on Snow Leopard if I use configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.0, macports-clang-2.9, or just clang (which is Apple's clang 1.7 from Xcode 3.2.6).
>
> Judging by the activity in our issue tracker this morning I assume most of our Lion users are going to be experiencing this build failure.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34671

Ok, I'll look at this today, but I don't see why it would be building fine on the tinderbox and not for you.  Can you send me your config.log.  I'm on my way in to the office now and will take a look at it when I get there.

--Jeremy