[Pixman] performance of bilinear_interpolation

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 03:59:38 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 08:49:41PM +1000, Maksim Lin wrote:
> With doing the cairo traces, I'm guessing that they can only be
> recorded on a firefox desktop build and not on android ?

Probably. cairo-trace does work on ARM, but you need to be sure that
firefox is using the system cairo for the LD_PRELOAD to intercept the
calls, and of course presuming that Android supports LD_PRELOAD. A lot
of ifs - easier to assume that the ratelimiting step is in the canvas
drawing functions and that they are identical between Android and the
desktop, and so hope that we record on the desktop is representative
enough of the real world Android task. If that turns out to not be true
(i.e. if we make an improvement based on the traces and we do not see a
proportional improvement in firefox), we need a better plan.
-Chris