[Pixman] Latest GIT source for 'pixman-sse2.c'

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 6 01:50:41 PDT 2013

On 05/10/2013 19:32, John Emmas wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2013, at 19:00, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
>
>> Andrea Canciani has already investigated the problem and submitted the
>> fixes here:
>>
>>     http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pixman/2013-September/002954.html
>>
> Many thanks for the super fast response guys.  I'm at a different PC now but I'll apply that patch tomorrow.

I applied that patch this morning and sure enough, it does fix the
problem.  Thanks to Andrea for noticing it.

BTW...  while reading the patch I noticed that, quite by accident, the
source file 'pixman-mmx.c' had somehow gotten excluded from my MSVC
build project, so I took the opportunity to add it.  Although the build
still succeeds, I see several warnings of this form while building
'pixman-mmx.c':-

       pixman-mmx.c(586) : warning C4799: function 'whatever' has no
EMMS instruction

I don't know if that means anything bad but I thought it wouldn't do any
harm flag it up.  Here's a list of the affected functions:-

       function 'expand_4xpacked565' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'is_opaque' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'is_equal' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'to_uint64' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'expand_4x565' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'is_zero' has no EMMS instruction
       function 'store8888' has no EMMS instruction
       function
'fast_composite_scaled_bilinear_mmx_8888_8_8888_none_OVER' has no EMMS
instruction
       function
'fast_composite_scaled_bilinear_mmx_8888_8_8888_pad_OVER' has no EMMS
instruction

I've no idea what it means but I hope that's useful.

John