[Pixman] Missing symbols prng_state and prng_state_data

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:04:21 PST 2014

When I try to compile pixman, I see this error message:

CC     utils.lo
 CC     utils-prng.lo
 CCLD   libutils.la
 CC     prng-test.o
 CCLD   prng-test
 CC     a1-trap-test.o
 CCLD   a1-trap-test
 CC     pdf-op-test.o
 CCLD   pdf-op-test
 CC     region-test.o
 CCLD   region-test
 "_prng_state", referenced from:
     _main in region-test.o
 "_prng_state_data", referenced from:
     _main in region-test.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [region-test] Error 1

The prng_state and prng_state_data symbols are located in the utils.c file. I was able to fix this problem by changing the following lines in the file pixman/test/Makefile to this:

line 203:
region_test_OBJECTS = region-test.$(OBJEXT) utils.$(OBJEXT)

line 233:
scaling_helpers_test_OBJECTS = scaling-helpers-test.$(OBJEXT) utils.$(OBJEXT)

I just added utils.$(OBJEXT) to each line.

I compiled pixman on Mac OS 10.6.8.