[Pixman] Fwd: pixman clang issue

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 21:29:17 PDT 2015

On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 03:15:39 +0100
"Ben Avison" <bavison at riscosopen.org> wrote:

> Forwarding a message received off-list. (Speculation: you need to be
> subscribed to the list before messages will be accepted, and Shane
> isn't?)

Thanks for reporting this. Which versions of clang and pixman are you
using? I'm compiling the current pixman master branch from git and my
clang is:
    $ clang -v
    clang version 3.5.0 (tags/RELEASE_350/final)
    Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
    Thread model: posix
    Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.8.4

Everything works just fine. The configure script reports that MMX is
enabled and the code compiles successfully.

There were some tweaks in pixman in the past, intended to automatically
disable MMX when using compilers, which can't handle it properly:
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/commit/?id=61d999b9101c76bd463101923d2143e31857e7f8
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pixman/commit/?id=8f75f638ab03078546cc89edfbec4f6801b77e5e

I suspect that either your version of pixman is too old or your clang
is too old. Or maybe even both of them are too old.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka