Usual way to create .pc files
mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 10:57:56 PDT 2009
What do you think are the best ideas for pkg-config files, among
* For creating .pc files:
1) Generate a .pc file as part of the configure/build/install
process, with some kind of automatic dependency generation.
2) Create a .pc file by hand.
* Where to create .pc files:
1) As part of a original software tar ball.
2) As part of OS/distribution packages.
I would like to sugest .pc files for many programs where they
could be usefull. I'm not sure if the best way to do that would be
sending, say, a patch to a configure file to help generating it in
a portable way (or even if such patch is feasible).
More information about the pkg-config