No more module proposals - decisions need to be made

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Oct 10 19:44:05 EEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 01:01:16AM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:30:01 +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Module proposals are now over. It's time to decide. Please start
> > debating now.
> >

> If you, like me, don't recall what they are - here is a list that I saw:

Thanks -- I was just wrapping up all the candidate versions, complete
with a list of where they are deployed, problems with each, et al.

> proposed:
> zlib - 1.2.1
> recent-files - 0.2
> libbzip2 - 1.0.2
> desktop-entry-spec - 0.9.4
> multisync - 0.8x

I don't think anyone really wanted to ship this -- I don't.

> wm-spec - 1.2
> basedir-spec - 0.6
> startup-notifiation - 0.1
> systemtray-spec - 0.1 || significant discussion, no consensus

I believe there is reasonable consensus on not shipping this.

> menu-spec - 0.8 || accepted on 15 aug 2004?
> fontconfig - 2.2.x || accepted on 15 aug 2004?
> libxslt - 1.1.x || accepted on 15 aug 2004?
> xlibs - ? || accepted on 15 aug 2004?

I think we should let this be satisfied by XFree86 4.0 or greater,
and/or any version of the modular xlibs tree.  Any objections?

> proposed as dependency:
> libjpeg - v6b
> libpng - 1.2.x2
>
> libxml2 - 2.6.x
> OR
> expat - 1.95.8

I believe libxml2 was the winner of these two.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                            <daniel at freedesktop.org>
freedesktop.org: powering your desktop                http://www.freedesktop.org