hey, remember the platform?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Fri Jul 1 06:33:43 EEST 2005

<quote who="Aaron J. Seigo">

> would you care to list which desktop projects these are, what cairo's role
> in them is and what versions have shipped with Cairo?

Your summary is pretty much correct - they're all working with it in some
way.

> and in that list, two of those projects are applications, not desktops
> envs.  given that, should we line up all desktop application software and
> see how it shakes out? hrm.

Applications form the lion's share of what makes up the 'Free desktop', so
it would be strange to exclude their needs from the 'Free desktop' platform.

> i don't think rushing it into an FD.o blessed platform is particularly
> useful.

I didn't suggest a rush, but provided reasons why it would not make sense to
exclude it.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl