hey, remember the platform?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Jul 3 05:47:50 EEST 2005

<quote who="Chris Lee">

> Not "all projects" should be using it, but if you don't have support from
> both KDE and GNOME that's kind of a showstopper in my book.

I think this is the issue that needs to be resolved, regardless of Cairo. I
don't think it makes sense to define freedesktop.org by KDE and GNOME. There
are other projects involved, and the lion's share of the 'Free desktop' will
be applications, not the bits they sit on (visually or programatically).

It's okay that the common infrastructure for free software on the desktop is
not in use by *every single* free software desktop project.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus