Animated solar comet

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Wed Nov 5 07:30:42 PST 2008

Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Charlie Brej <plymouth at brej.org> wrote:
>> Did this the other day but didn't get round to sending it in. This was
>> surprisingly easy (easier than creating an image in gimp anyway). Don't
>> apply the patch, tell me if it is ok or if it would be better to just kill
>> the comet as I need to was going to clean it up and remove the old png.
>> Ignore that there are 10 of them, that's there temporarily just to see them
>> earlier.
>
> I think the animation looks cool.  It definitely improves the overall
> comet look.
>
> The orientation, while accurate, still looks unnatural to me.
>
> I think maybe we should just killed it.
>
> What do you think?
>
> --Ray

I applied the patch which will at least remove comet1.png. I also slowed
it down a bit, twisted it and turned its angle back from radial to look
more how people would expect it to rather than how it really is in
space. (It appears, in my office, people side with ignorance over
pedanticism)

I would leave it in and let it be incorrect but not really fussed if it
is cut. If you want it kill it then comment out the #define.