Interesting Blog post about plymouth

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 07:05:44 PST 2009

Hey guys,

I was googling for a link to the archive for a recent plymouth thread
we had to reference in a bug report, when I ran across this blog post:

http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2009/09/project-plymouth.html

There are mistakes in it here:

"The key idea behind Plymouth is to start the X server very early on
the boot process and to continue using that X server during login and
user sessions."

and here:

"Solar, my personal favorite to date and the default theme for Fedora
10, was not included in Fedora 11."

and here:

"These themes were both developed by Charlie Brie"

but overall it is very detailed and well written.

Just thought you guys might be interested,
Ray