Scripted plugins (v0.9)

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Sun Jul 12 11:27:10 PDT 2009

I think the scripted plugin is now pretty much complete. I had a go at
recreating the fade-in and spinfinity plugins using the scripting system as well
as a couple others. On the whole, it is all rather easy and I haven't yet seen
any major pitfalls.

The code is living in the "scripted-plugin" branch and there is an example
plugin and theme, both called (highly imaginatively) "script". The scripts
themselves are reasonably self explanatory [1]. I will make a short list of
provided functions soon.

If anyone has a few minutes to take a look then please try it and see if you can
make some changes to the script without it barfing.

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/tree/themes/script/script.script?h=scripted-plugin