Progress and transitions

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Thu May 28 07:05:09 PDT 2009

Hey,

> ----- "Ray Strode" <halfline at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I see. On closer inspection it looks like that is being called but I
>> just get
>> > a blank black screen when shutting down. I suspect this is related
>> to the way
>> > busybox is setting up the initial console compared to when booting
>> from the
>> > Fedora initrd. I will try and get some more debug info out of it.
>> Hmm, I don't think it would have anything to do with that.  Not sure
>> what the problem could be though.
>>
>> You might try going to runlevel 3 or 4 and then running the commands
>> in plymouth-shutdown manually and see if it works.
>>
>> If it doesn't, throw a --debug on the end and see if it says why.
>
> I grabbed the output of --debug but I don't see anything useful:
>
>  http://esstec.co.uk/tmp/plymouth-shutdown.jpg
>
> It seems like it thinks it is showing the splash and indeed I get a blank
> black screen but it doesn't show the PNGs (charge theme).
It looks like the debug spew is overwriting itself so it's a little
hard to see what's going on, but I do see this:

show splash: no such file or directory

Do yo have the plugin installed on the system? or only in the initrd?

What's in /usr/share/plymouth/themes ? what does
/usr/share/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth symlink point to?

--Ray