[theme] show Plymouth Script values

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:49:16 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 05:43:58PM -0500, Ray Strode wrote:
>> > ps. please do say if i should stop posting here about themes, or if
>> > there's a more suitable list for them.
>> Your posts have been perfectly appropriate.
>
> What do you think of committing these themes into master? I mean,
> there aren't still so many available, are there? It's certainly a nice
> thing to ship with quite a neat set of themes by default.
Not sure.  There are advantages and disadvantages.

At this point in the game, the plugin api isn't gauranteed to be
stable, so getting it in-tree means we can fix it up after api
changes.

On the other hand, right now we just have one representative theme per
plugin "engine", which makes some sense, too.

> Or maybe there should be a separate place to collect these. It would be
> defintely a shame if any of these themes just "linger" around ;).
A couple of things we could do:

1) put them in tree
2) create a plymouth-extra-themes module that we put these in and some
of the other out of three ones
3) create a plymouth-script-themes module that we put all the extra
script engine themes in
4) showcase each extra theme on the wiki with a link to a tarball for
just that theme

Not sure which of those options is the best, I guess I'd be interested
to hear Osku and Charlie's opinions.

--Ray>