Keyboard input / init + questions

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:18:50 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Jerome Martin
<jxm at risingtidesystems.com> wrote:
> Fred here is using a patch very similar to my own, basically moving
> the TIOCSCTTY of init out of plymouth's way.
> As for the logs, I use a much stripped down system environment, with a ro
> root and a COW on top of it that does not get mounted right away, so that
> might explain the log issues.
Oh, okay.  So, if the file system might be read-only at the time
plymouth quits, then you should be able to boot with

plymouth.debug=file:/dev/kmsg printk.time log_bug_len=1M

on your kernel command line and the debug output will go to "dmesg"
along wth nice timestamps.  Then you can just

dmesg > output.txt

and post it here.

--Ray