Keyboard input / init + questions

Charlie Brej plymouth at brej.org
Tue Sep 28 14:06:41 PDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 09:53 PM, Ray Strode wrote:
 > Hi,
 >

 >> Yeah the \123 is more standard.
 > Note C supports \123 for octal and \x123 for hex.
 > python uses \u1234 for unicode codepoints.

The thing I wasn't sure about these was the uglyness of two or even one
digit codes, and the formation of illegal utf-8 sequences.

 >> Although now I am thinking all of this
 >> should be unicode characters and have a unique character for each
key stroke
 >> (ctrl-V, esc, etc).
 > that works for control characters (and sort of what we have now) but
 > not for escape sequences. There's not unicode codepoint for "user hit
 > the up arrow key"
 >
 > I don't really think it should be inline with the user's typed keys,
 > honestly.  We should filter it out at the plymouth daemon level, and
 > send it to the plugin out-of-band using a different call back.

You're right. Control sequences should be handled seperately from keys.
Password/question entry for one is somewhere we dont want them, but I
think currently they go in.