broke plymouth ? (ubuntu natty long blanck screen before plymouth)

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 06:50:53 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM, roger21 <roger21 at free.fr> wrote:
> anyhoo, now what i have is a long long blank screen and then a super quick
> plymouth theme (instead of having the plymouth theme from the begining)
I'll let one of the Canonical guys chime in if they have a better
answer, but I know some users on #plymouth have had your problem and
fixed it by running:

update-alternatives --config default.plymouth
update-alternatives --install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth

so that may work for you.

--Ray