spinfinity theme hang - how to get debug log?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:52:14 PDT 2011

Is it possible to make plymouth send its debug output to a serial port?

Background - I'm trying to debug a problem where Fedora 15 booting hangs
when the spinfinity theme is used.  Unfortunately, it appears that the
hang occurs before the debug log is actually written.

Alternatively, is there a way to "kick" plymouthd into writing the debug
log?  I am able to ssh into the system.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!