Preliminary udev support

Kevin Murphy kemurphy.cmu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:39:13 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

At some point last year, I started on adding udev support to plymouth.  I
eventually ran out of time to work on it, but the attached patch is as far
as I got (I've rebased it to the current master as of 5 days ago).  It
looks like I'll be able to work on this a bit more in my spare time again,
so I'd appreciate any comments you may have.  The next step I was going to
take was to try to avoid loading and unloading the renderer each time we
show and hide the splash screen.  Ray mentioned that one way to do this
might involve ply_renderer_close_input_source.  There is a relevant
conversation log from IRC at
http://people.freedesktop.org/~halfline/renderer-discussion.txt from nearly
a year ago, as well.

Thanks,