custmoization of bootlog screen.

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 10:31:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

> 1. Half of the screen should be a image and half of the screen should > be used for displaying boot messages.
> Anyone have tried this before or any idea on how to achieve this?

I don't think it's really possible at the moment without changing the
source code to plymouth. Basically, main.c has this hardcoded:

static void•
on_escape_pressed (state_t *state)•
        ply_trace ("escape key pressed");•
        toggle_between_splash_and_details (state);•

and the details plugin is built into the binary. If changing plymouth
is acceptable to you I can provide some tips on what changes would be
necessary.

what you could do without daemon code changes is pick a different
keybinding to toggle split view, and then just render all the text
that's sent to your plugin's on_boot_output handler