Plymouth-0.9.0 issue with Arch Linux

Marcel hoppe.marcel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 00:23:47 PDT 2014

Ray Strode <halfline at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> > Ok, plymouth is starting after udevd, as you will see in the attached
logs,
> > udevd coldplug is complete when plymouth is called.
> cool.
>
> > It would appear a change in ply-device-manager and related modules is
> > causing the drm/frame-buffer devices no longer being recognised.
>
> So in the log i see this:
> create_seats_for_subsystem:found device
> /sys/devices/platform/efi-framebuffer.0/graphics/fb0
> create_seats_for_subsystem:device is initialized
> create_seats_for_subsystem:device doesn't have a seat tag
> Creating non-graphical seat, since there's no suitable graphics hardware
>
> Right now we ignore devices that haven't been tagged with the seat
> tag.  This normally happens in udev with the 71-seat.rules file.  You
> could try adding that rule (and 70-uaccess.rules which it depends on)
> to your initrd, or you could try changing the udev_device_has_tag
> (device, "seat") to TRUE in ply-device-manager.c as troubleshooting
> measure.
>
> --Ray

Hello Ray,

I(we: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plymouth/) have an other problem
with the 0.9 update :(
i hope you can help and have a look on my dmesg log?
http://pastebin.com/ZpF4cJsE

i think this is my/our problem:
[   10.923709] [ply-utils.c:646]
ply_open_module:Could not load module "/usr/lib/plymouth/renderers/drm.so":
/usr/lib/plymouth/renderers/drm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

but in /usr/lib/plymouth/renderers/ is the drm.so :-/

thanks, i hope you can help :)

greets,
Marcel