Plymouth-0.9.0 issue with Arch Linux

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:43:57 PDT 2014

Hi,

> Ok, plymouth is starting after udevd, as you will see in the attached logs,
> udevd coldplug is complete when plymouth is called.
cool.

> It would appear a change in ply-device-manager and related modules is
> causing the drm/frame-buffer devices no longer being recognised.

So in the log i see this:
create_seats_for_subsystem:found device
/sys/devices/platform/efi-framebuffer.0/graphics/fb0
create_seats_for_subsystem:device is initialized
create_seats_for_subsystem:device doesn't have a seat tag
Creating non-graphical seat, since there's no suitable graphics hardware

Right now we ignore devices that haven't been tagged with the seat
tag.  This normally happens in udev with the 71-seat.rules file.  You
could try adding that rule (and 70-uaccess.rules which it depends on)
to your initrd, or you could try changing the udev_device_has_tag
(device, "seat") to TRUE in ply-device-manager.c as troubleshooting
measure.

--Ray