udev seat tag

Leif Middelschulte leif.middelschulte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:39:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm quite new to Plymouth and its source code base[0].

I wanted it to use the drm backend, but It ignored a drm device due to a
lack of a udev "seat" tag.
However, reading the documentation on systemd's seats[1], it is stated that:
"If you are writing a bootup splash tool (like Plymouth), then ignore all
seat information completely and make use of all input devices and graphics
cards as they become available.[...]"

So I'm wondering whether the current behavior
(ply-device-manager.c:308-318) is correct?

[0] referring to f9425978e19a6b57640553f0a1ef43f1642ca970
[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/#uses

Cheers,

Leif