[Pm-utils] i810 driver, on resume, sometimes either locks or blank screen

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 7 07:30:27 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:45 -0500, John H. wrote:
> It's almost as if, if it's for an extended period of time, there's a
> far greater chance of it not resuming.  If I do it for a few minutes,
> it generally resumes fine every time.
>
> Any ideas?

Hrm.  This sounds like it _could_ be similar to a bug we're seeing on
thinkpads, where acpi events aren't delivered for a few minutes at a
time.  I don't really have a solution for it, unfortunately.

How far is it getting on resume?  Is it coming back at all?  Do drives
spin up, or LEDs come on?  Does it get that far, or does it just not do
anything?

--
  Peter