[Pm-utils] sometimes on resume, fan very loud until power off

Holger Macht hmacht at suse.de
Mon Nov 27 09:01:02 PST 2006

On Mon 27. Nov - 11:51:15, Peter Jones wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 11:42 -0500, John H. wrote:
> > fc6
>
> If you do:
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>
> what does it say?  If it's "performance", do this (as root):
>
> echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
>
> which will bring the system back to normal within a few seconds,
> hopefully.  I'm not quite sure what's doing it, but sometimes it seems
> something is setting it to performance occasionally, particularly right
> after the system resumes.  I'm not sure what just yet.

I just wonder why this happens with suspend to ram. For hibernate, I know
the cause.

So not entirely related to this problem, on hibernation, all CPUs except
the first one is offlined. When coming back from suspend, they are onlined
again, but the default governor is performance. And 94cpufreq only resets
the governor for the suspend case. Peter, can you extend it to also reset
it on hibernate?

Regards,
	Holger