[Pm-utils] Userspace suspend support for pm-utils

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Fri Jun 8 05:17:29 PDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:58:31AM +0300, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> 05 Haz 2007 Sal tarihinde, Stefan Seyfried şunları yazmıştı:
> > and again, the monthly reminder that we still do not support anything
> > uswsusp with upstream pm-utils.
> > Is there anything blocking the merge of something like that?
> > +S2DISK_CONF="/etc/suspend.conf"
> 		^^^
> Is this overwrite the global config for every suspend attempt or am i missing
> something?

No, notice that this patch is the "upstream version" without the "i generate
a config file on the fly"-Part that i am using in SUSE. Unless i have done
something wrong when sending the patch, then this file should not be touched
(other than being fed to s2disk :-)

In the SUSE package i have a second patch that actually changes to
S2DISK_CONF="/var/lib/s2disk.conf" and then a hook that automatically
generates S2DISK_CONF from /etc/suspend.conf and some autodetected stuff.

Right now, i just want to bring the generic userspace suspend infrastructure
that everybody is using into upstream, we can still work on both SUSE and
Pardus using the same "convenience extensions" to the upstream codebase :-)

HTH,

   Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)