[Pm-utils] [Patch] uswsusp support

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Tue Mar 13 06:00:06 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 09:57:27PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:34:09 +0100
> Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> wrote:
>
> > The reason why i did the S2DISK_BIN at all was that you can configure it to
> > use s2both instead of s2disk.
> > Since s2both needs similar preparation (select grub entry, check for swap,
> > check the config file, etc.) as s2disk, it does not really make sense to
> > replace s2ram with s2both, you can only replace s2disk with s2both.
>
> I don't agree. If I shutdown my laptop to put it in my backpack, I
> want it to be in the lowest power state possible. So s2both can't be
> used here.

I think you misunderstood me - i was arguing, why i implemented it this way,
making $S2DISK_BIN configurable but not $S2RAM_BIN.

I was _not_ saying that only one of s2disk or s2both is useful.
But to get support for both, we need an additional "pm-safesupend" or
something like that, with an associated method for calling it from HAL.

My implementation just did not cover all that, and the $S2DISK_BIN variable
was the "but i want to use s2both!"-bandaid.

:-)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"