[Pm-utils] Pm-hibernate consumes battery

Explinux explinux at email.it
Thu Dec 11 05:49:52 PST 2008

2008/12/11 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 11:03 +0100, Explinux wrote:
>> I have a Macbook with Archlinux distro.
>> I usually Hibernate the machine, with pm-hibernate, when I am done
>> for the day. The battery is 100% because I usually
>> run plugged in.
>>
>> When I restart in the morning, the battery is down to 95%!?!
>> The machine run the correct boot sequence ( grub and mkinitcpio ) and
>> it resume my previous session. The machine seems halted, but the
>> battery isn't plus full charged.
>>
>> It's a bug? it's possible ?
>
> Very much so, I am afraid.  Even after you have ruled out all other
> causes (wake on lan, etc.), the battery itself will slowly lose
> charge.
>
> If you just shut down the laptop instead of hibernating, do you get a
> similar drop in battery charge?

My battery doesn't dropped charge when I shut my macbook ... otherwise
I would have noticed this.
I have think to a bug of the pm-utils because it happens only with the
hibernation.

In this moment I'am charging my battery ... this night I shut my Mac (
no hibernation ), and tomorrow
I'am sure at 100%. ( I repeat that I never noticed this, but .. ).